What is College Now?
College Now (CN) is a collaborative program of the City University of New York (CUNY) and the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE), serving over 700 high school students annually. The program’s goals are to:
- provide high students with a head start in college
- help them improve their level of academic achievement in high school.
The College Now program offers challenging academic courses, tutoring, arts, campus tours and more.
- Experience the richness of college life while still in high school.
- Save time and money: While taking free college credit courses, College Now at BMCC not only strives to help students save time and money, but to also help push them ahead of their academic peers.
- Earning college credit in high school will help to make students’ college applications stand out amongst the best and the brightest.
- Be better prepared for the future: With the chance to take on academic challenges and to participate in a wide range of cultural activities, our students can expect to have an easier transition into higher education, as well as improving their likelihood of graduating from college.
Spring Semester 2023 Application Coming Soon
|College Now Courses
General Psychology (PSY 100)
|The course introduces students to the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. Students will learn about current perspectives, historical roots and scientific methods in psychology. Topics within major areas of psychology may include human development, learning, social processes, personality and psychological disorders.
Fundamentals of Public Speaking (SPE 100)
|The aim of this course is to develop effective skills in speech communication. The student examines how to generate topics and organize ideas, masters elements of audience psychology and practices techniques of speech presentation in a public forum.